Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Godspeed Mrs. Graham!

According to the AP, Ruth Graham, the ailing wife of evangelist Billy Graham, fell into a coma Wednesday morning and appears to be close to death, a family spokesman said. "She appears to be entering the final stages of life," said Larry Ross, Graham's personal spokesman.

In a display of his signature grace, Dr. Billy Graham observed: "Ruth is my soul mate and best friend, and I cannot imagine living a single day without her by my side," Graham said. "I am more in love with her today than when we first met over 65 years ago as students at Wheaton College."

Graham's summary comment captures the Christian hope well when he said: "She is close to going home."

Join me in praying for the Graham family. More than most, they have paid a steep price for Billy's ministry. May the Lord bless them richly as he walks with them through the valley of the shadow of death.

No comments: